Join us Tuesday, September 12th for our first presentation back!
Join us at:
Meeting location: Kraus Anderson – 501 South Eighth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55404
This course will be presented by Lee Durston – BPL Enclosure
- Description: The Building Envelope has gained prevalence in the arena with inclusion into building and energy codes over the last decade. This presentation aims to bring awareness of building energy code history, what Minnesota will soon adopt, and also look at the future. We will discuss aspects of the new energy code that relate to the building envelope and what impact that will have on design, construction, and performance testing.
- Understand the history and playing field for Building Energy Codes
- Gain an understanding on building and energy code requirements as they relate to the building envelope
- Understand what new changes there will be with the implementation of ASHRAE 90.1 2019 as the basis of the new state energy code
- Address myths and common misconceptions involving certain building envelope components and performance testing
- Take a look at what the future of energy codes holds for Minnesota and the Nation
Vice President and Senior Consultant – BPL Enclosure
Lee Durston is Vice President and Senior Consultant at BPL Enclosure. Lee has been in the building enclosure industry since 2001. He has overseen and completed hundreds of projects in forensic, design, construction administration, construction observation, and quality control aspects both new construction and rehabilitation projects related to several types of façade assemblies. His focus for the majority of his career has been in fenestration and façade assemblies, but, he also has extensive knowledge and experience with below grade waterproofing assemblies and roofing systems. These projects have included government buildings, education facilities, office buildings, data centers, multi-family residential, natatoriums, low-rise buildings, mid-rise buildings, hi-rise buildings, and sports facilities. In addition to direct project work, Lee provides industry training for Building Envelope related professionals, contractors, architects, developers as well as higher education degree programs.
This presentation will be an In-Person Event along with a Virtual Meeting for those who cannot attend in person. Virtual Meeting details will be sent out with meeting registration via separate email from Zoom.
Tuesday, September 12th, 2023
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
11:00 AM to 11:30 AM – Check-in
11:30 AM to 12:30 PM – Presentation
12:30 PM to 1:00 PM – Wrap Up and Networking
In-Person and Virtual/Online Meeting
In-Person Members – $10
In-Person Non-Members – $25
Virtual Only Participant Member – FREE
Virtual Only Participant Non-Member – $20