Advancements in EIFS
- 12:00 to 12:30 Light Lunch and Social sponsored by Dryvit Systems and the Lutz Company will be provided with your RSVP.
- 12:30 to 1:30 Technical Presentation – Advancement in EIFS
Robert W. Dazel, AIA, CSI, LEED GA,
Marketing Manager for Strategic Accounts for Dryvit Systems Inc.
- 1:30 to 2:00 Networking Session
Learning Units: AIA Learning Units will be provided
Registration for this event has closed.
Kraus-Anderson Corporate Offices
Meeting Room: KAU Training Facility (1st Floor)
501 South 8th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Very limited complimentary guest parking will be available on a first come basis (entrance off 8th Street). Additional parking is available at the Centre Village Public Ramp at 700 5th Avenue South.
AIA Program Number: BL0005-1.0
AIA / HSW: Yes, 1.0 LU/CEU Hour
Program examines the major advancements in Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS) which address the many challenges associated with today’s building envelope design, construction and performance. Over the last 20 years, EIFS have made significant positive changes related to improved engineering, drainage capacity, durability and code compliance. Yes, there have been Lessons Learned over the course of our 50-year history. How do we specify and detail EIFS to ensure it confirms with both the Contract Documents and the manufacturer’s recommendations, and once installed, will perform over time. We will discuss how to engage manufacturer’s technical services groups to identify best practices, pre-installation meetings to ensure understanding, and integration of third party inspection firms to ensure document and installation compliance.
- Re-introduce Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS) composition and versatility through examination of component layer functions, system choices with an emphasis on system performance.
- Introduce new technology and design enhancements related to impact resistance, durability and specific environmental performance needs.
- Explore the full range of options for EIFS assemblies for commercial buildings.
- Understand building envelope wall code complexity such as continuous insulation requirements, air/water-resistive barrier integration and fire testing performance and how a single sourced EIFS cladding can easily comply.
Robert Dazel has been a registered Architect since 1992, a long-standing member of AIA, CSI and maintains his LEED GA credentials. He has spent the last twenty-two years (22) in the Exterior Insulated Wall Cladding Industry holding positions such as architectural services, technical, marketing and sales management. He currently is the Marketing Manager for Strategic Accounts with Dryvit Systems, Inc. where he provides for chain account development, management as well as Marketing and Sales support. The total of his professional experience has allowed him to become an authority and expert on Exterior Wall Surfacing Materials and Building Envelope Codes, Design, Detailing, Specification and Performance.