September 2022: Managing Risk Through Pre-Cons. Lab Mock-Up And Quality Control Field Tests
Join the Construction Specifics Institute- Minneapolis/St. Paul and the Building Enclosure Council for our joint September meeting!
For our virtual only participants, things will be handled slightly differently than normal due to our combined meeting. Link to the meeting room will be sent out prior to the start of the event!
Date: Tuesday, September 13, 2022
Intertek Building and Construction
40 51st Way Northeast, Suite 100
Fridley, MN 55421
- This course reviews the critical performance characteristics of a building’s exterior walls that can be gained through the testing process. Understanding these concepts allows for a better management of risk by verifying the designs and performance o these walls both in the lab and in the field. Attendees will leave with an understanding of benefits of testing to manage performance as well as the difference between pre-construction laboratory mock-up tests and quality control field testing.
- Understanding the critical performance characteristics of a building’s exterior enclosure and the steps required to replicated in service conditions.
- Explain why a lab PMU is needed to effectively manage risk through verified designs and tested performance.
- Gain a basic understanding of field testing of fenestration and building enclosure systems.
- Understand how lab PMU and QC field testing is referenced in specifications and the enclosure commissioning process.
Speakers and Tour Guides:
- John Wegscheider – Laboratory Manager
- Eric Schoenthaler – Project Manager/Foreman
- John Kasuboski – Project Manager Building and Construction